If you are preparing for a procedure with one of our Pain Management physicians, please read the following:
FOOD & DRINK
- DO NOT eat anything 4 hours prior (including gum, mints, and hard candy) or drink anything 2 hours prior to surgery.
- DIABETIC patients will receive special instructions from a nurse during a pre-operative phone call regarding diet and medications.
- Prescription medications (other than blood thinners) may be taken on the day of the surgery.
- If you take blood thinners, please notify your doctor.
- If after scheduling this procedure, you become ill or are prescribed antibiotics for ANY reason, please contact the surgery center or clinic as soon as possible.
- All patients require a licensed, responsible adult to be present at the time of discharge to drive them home.
- Transit and taxi services may NOT be utilized unless a responsible adult is accompanying you to the surgery center.
- Due to limited space in our waiting area, please bring only your driver.
IDENTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION
- Please bring your driver’s license and all applicable health insurance cards.
- The surgery center will call you two business days prior to your scheduled procedure with your arrival time and instructions. Please provide a correct phone number(s) so we can reach you to confirm your surgery time.
- TMCPM reserves the right to charge a no show/cancellation fee for procedures not cancelled more than 24 hours in advance.
- Should you need a work/school excuse, please notify the staff as soon as you check-in. You will only be excused the day of the procedure and the following day.